Sunday, November 20, 2011

Joy in trials

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

This verse is so clear... yet so tough for me to actually live out. I want so bad to not get angry when things don't go my way.. but to find joy in the fact that Christ is strengthening my faith and making me more mature and complete in Him. 
So tough... but so worth it.



9 comments:

  1. Amen to that! I am definitely learning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect reminder! We are given trials to become stronger... I definitely need to be more positive throughout my trials :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely something difficult to truly live out. But you are right, it is worth it. Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's tough for all of us. I didn't get a job interview that I thought I would this week. It's been really easy to complain at God about it. Thanks for reminding me of this verse- I needed to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. couldn't agree more! I believe God places us in situations to make us stronger, build our faith, and bring us closer to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's my favorite verse!!! it's such an important lesson. but such a hard one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that verse so much! It always helps me pursue God through the toughest times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's such an encouraging verse! i guess it does always help to know that suffering and trials are not pointless. keep pressing on :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That verse challenges my wife and I as well. We find ourselves in the midst of a real trial right now as we watch our nine year old battle cancer. He's doing fine right now as we wait for about his 6th round of treatment. It's so hard to watch, but we believe God plans to use this trial in his and our life for His glory...in some ways, He already has.

    ReplyDelete