Thursday, June 20, 2013

Update

I haven't blogged consistently for so long, and I miss it. But, I also don't miss it in a way. Right now, I would rather curl up and read a book, try a new recipe, or just relax with a cup of tea (or lemonade!) when I get some free time. I know that I'll be back to blogging eventually, but for now I think it's just going to continue to be sporadic posting! 

On a different note, I love the stage of life that I am in right now. It is hard, but so worth it. Actually, it's more than just worth it.. it's a huge blessing. Sometimes I feel like all that I do all day long is pick up mess after mess, do dishes, change diapers, chase a very fast crawling baby, nurse baby to sleep, do more dishes, and go to bed. And honestly, that is what I do a lot of days (plus some fun stuff like going to the park, and playing with friends!). But I'm realizing that it matters. These mundane tasks actually mean something. I'm raising and creating a loving environment for our sweet baby boy, and I truly couldn't feel more privileged. It is such a joy to be Jude's mama.

And a quick update on us.. because I feel like I haven' t filled everyone in for a while.
 Lee is working hard at his courier job while he finishes getting his degree online. I'm not quite sure when he'll officially be done, but I believe it will be sometime in 2014. It's a lot of work, but he's doing great.. and I fail to tell him that enough! 
He is a fabulous daddy to Jude. I've said it before.. but Jude thinks his dad is the funniest guy ever. They rough house all the time.. and I try to hold back my nervous mom comments as best I can.. because really, Jude loves it! ;) 

I turned 22 last month. 22 feels good, I still feel very young, and I love it. 
Like I said above, I am loving this mama thing .. even though it can be hard. I'm learning that surrounding myself with other mama's is soo helpful and encouraging in this journey. I found Becky through her blog a long time ago (while we were still living in PA) and met up with her for the first time several months ago.. she lives just a few blocks away and has been a total God-send. I love her! Through her, I have met a few other mamas that are awesome, too. I feel so blessed to know them.

Jude turned one last month! I can't.believe we have a one year old! I will write a post (with lots of pictures!) about that special day soon! It was a pretty emotional day for me. I love him so very much.

My mom and little brother just left a few days ago after visiting for a week. We had so much fun and were busy busy doing fun stuff the whole time. It's so hard living so far from them, but makes our visits that much sweeter (I guess. Even though when they leave it sucks!). Jude loved having them here. We all can't wait until the next time we see them.

Anyway, I better go.. nap time will be over soon!


4 comments:

  1. Awwwww, SUCH a good post! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad y'all are doing well! I can't believe Jude is one already. I'm glad your mom and brother were able to visit, and that y'all had a good time while they were there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for an update! Love all the photos, and enjoy your down time - sometimes it's nice to just read and not worry about blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this update, even if I am a few months behind :)!!!

    ReplyDelete